Feb 4, 2012

eating out.. bento style..

With no kitchen in my room and no freezer compartment in my fridge, I can't and don't cook as much as I did in Japan.. so most of the time I'll eat out or buy my food and have it in my room...

The food in Taiwan is relatively cheap if you consider its portion and tastiness.. I normally spend between NT$60 - NT$70 each on lunch and dinner.. I usually have rice once a day, and bread, noodle or some other non-rice food for the other 2 meals..

Here is a few of the Taiwanese-styled "bento" that I've had..
Paper boxes are used, instead of Styrofoam ones.. in fact, I've not seen any styrofoam container/box used as a container for packed food in Taiwan..

It is a norm to have a main dish, which is usually a meat/fish dish, and 3 or more sides... most of them are quite delicious.. :)
shredded chicken..
Taiwanese sausage.
braised pork.. one of my fav..
minced pork..
The above 4 "bento" were from the shops near my senior's house, where I stayed for a week when I first came to Taiwan.. As his place was in downtown, their portion and prices are slightly more expensive, between NT$70 - NT$85.

I'll share more photos of 便当 in my future blog entry.. there's never too many photos of good food, right?! :)

No comments: