Feb 29, 2012

leaping into a new semester..

Just wanna write something on this day that only comes once every 4 years.. :)

Since school has just started a couple of weeks ago, here is a quick overview of how my new semester is gonna be..

Taking 4 subjects and auditing one, so it is gonna be a 3-day week for me this semester.. all my classes are in the Tamsui campus, so I don't have to travel to Taipei City to attend any of them.. 3 out of 4 subjects require more in-depth research and writing.. and I need to submit a mid-term and a final-term paper for 2 of them, and all 4 of them require a final presentation..

Since I'm not very happy with my result for the 1st semester, I'm gonna try to do a better job this semester.. but more importantly, I need to narrow down my research area so that I can approach the suitable (and "compatible") Professor to be my mentor.. So in a way, this semester is gonna be pretty important..

Then, there's my part-time freelance translation jobs.. so far, orders have been coming in fairly regularly and sometimes rather urgently.. anyway, no complaints from me as this meant extra cash... :) :) :)

Hopefully, when this day comes again 4 years later, I would have gotten my PhD or at least in the final stretch of obtaining it.. ;) :) ;) :)

No comments: