Sep 25, 2007

I.S.F.J.

Based on the Myers Briggs model that's my career personality type..

Some of the things written with regards to my career personality type from quiz taken at Tickle.com...
You are a strong team player and believe the needs of the group come before the individual. You generally care about the people around you, which allows you to provide a personal touch at your workplace. That sense of caring allows you to feel personal accomplishment and acceptance from your co-workers who know they can turn to you for help. You are generous with your time and spirit and look to make the present moment better for everyone.

Your emotional strength combined with a pragmatic approach to work makes you a strong asset. You don't like juggling multiple projects at once and would rather get one project off your desk at a time. Because of your internal value system, you don't need false flattery from others. You have a strong work ethic and inspire others by your example. Because of this, you are a strong leader on any team. To you, your work speaks for itself.

And according to them, these are some of the criteria that I should look for in a workplace.
  • A traditional work environment with established rules and procedures
  • A place where work capitalizes on your ability to memorize facts and figures
  • A place where you can work closely with a few people who share similar beliefs and values
  • A place that demands a minimal amount of networking and public speaking engagements
  • A place where you can see your work result in improving people's lives
  • A place where practical thinking and judgment are rewarded
  • A place that will allow you to devote energy to one project at a time


A few more things...
When if comes to work, you:
  • Express and respond to a wide range of emotions in yourself and in others
  • Motivate others to produce their best work
  • Are successful at serving and assisting people on a one-one basis
  • Record information accurately
  • Follow through and complete assignments
  • Accurately use your five senses to distinguish sounds, shades of color, scents, and tastes
  • Have an accurate sense of direction
Having this skill set means you have natural leadership ability, and tend to lead with a sense of emotion. You like to "work with" people and not have people "work for" you. In other words, you appreciate the people on your team, but also encourage independent work. You value personal relationships and enjoy helping people develop their skills for better overall performance.


I must admit that most of the above statements are pretty true and accurate.. I dislike starting a new project before the loose ends of a previous project are tied.. I prefer to deal with a few people rather than a big crowd.. I like to digest information and plan/action based on what is possible rather than speculating what might be possible based on gut feel/6th sense/etc.. I am more realist than a dreamer.. I would tell you the good, the bad and the ugly of things and let you make the choice than to tell you what you should do.. I like to work with a small group of people that I could click and work on a big/difficult project than to have to mediate warring factions within a big group for a small project..

Of course, what I dislike to do might not be the one I am poor at.. what I like to do might not be the one that pays me the most.. what I like to do might not be what is expected of me.. what I like to do might not be what I will get to do..

So in the end, what I like to do does not constrain what I will be doing in future... :p

No comments: