Sep 26, 2007

Results out!

Today went to school to register for my Japanese classes..

Met up with Chua and Alex first, since the three of us aren't Bekka student. Bekka students are students who are studying Japanese only for a year, like Chris, Raila and the Kang Shifu gang.. Kim-chan is still Missing-In-Action. Haven't heard from her since she went back to Korea after our Kyoto trip in mid Aug.. :(

I signed up for 5 different Japanese classes, as follows:
Listening - Level 3E (Mondays, 9am)
Reading - Level 3E (Tuesdays, 9am)
Pronunciation - Level 3E (Tuesdays, 1pm)
Oral Expression - Level 3E (Wednesdays, 9am)
Grammar - Level 3E (Fridays, 9am)


I took more oral or spoken Japanese classes as I do not have much opportunity to practice speaking Japanese. Since I will be studying for JLPT 2 on my own, so I think the written portion should still be manageable to self-study..

Together with these 5 Japanese classes, I plan to take 6 subjects from my graduate school.. So it should be a busy semester for me.. yet still, I managed to arrange my timetable in such a way that my Thursdays are free and I have only 1 class on Wednesdays!! :p :p So I get to study 3.5 days and rest 3.5 days... ;) Although I must say that my Fridays are super heavy, I have 4 classes and 1 seminar from 9am to 9:30pm!

After registering for our Jap classes, the three of us went for lunch at the school canteen.. think it was one of the few rare occasion that the place was deserted.. I had a teppanyaki hamburg steak and rice.. We ate and talked... Then we went our separate ways as every one of us needed to go back to our labs..

I went to my graduate school, GITS and requested for my results for last semester. The result was out since 14 Sep, but I was too lazy to come all the way to school just for the result. My rationale was that if I did badly for that one Masters subject that I took last semester, I can always NOT transfer it over and just retake it again this semester to try for better result.. but fortunately I was wrong.. :D


When I saw this I did a second take.. Wow.. I've gotten an A for my Masters subject (CIO Strategy) and an A* for my Japanese Language!! Seriously, I haven't seen 2 As together on a result slip for a long while.. maybe not since my SPM (O level equivalent)!! :p Even in NUS, I never gotten 2 As within the same semester... Well, looks like I would need to transfer this subject over after all.. :) This really gave me the motivation to strive for good results for this Masters degree.. Imagine how cool it would be if my Masters transcript is filled with As and Bs.. :p :p :p Think I would need to do more than just day-dreaming about it but I think it is doable...

Hopefully I can maintain this momentum and keep going... :)

No comments: