Mar 29, 2008

Anime Madness!!

Went to Tokyo Big Sight this morning, hoping to visit the annual Tokyo International Anime Fair..

Took Rinkai Line to Kokusai-Tenjijo Station, which is about 7 minute's walk to Tokyo Big Sight. The exhibition starts at 10am, so I thought if I timed my arrival 30min after the initial early crowd, I should be able to get in there without having to wait.. Boy, was I wrong about this.. very very wrong...

I reached there around 10.35am. And what I saw really shocked me.. The first thought was: "Wow! Japanese queue are so darn orderly! They win hands down as compared to Singaporeans who also like to queue..."





I stood around to see if and how fast the queue was moving, but unfortunately it didn't budge at all.. :( From the main entrance of the Exhibition Hall, the queue stretched all the way across till the end of Dream Bridge!! :o :o :o Based on my rough estimation, the queue was more than 1km long, as it took me almost 20min to reach the end of the queue!! :o :o And it wasn't even 11am yet!!!!!!!

So by the time I reached the end of the queue, I decided to just head home and forget about the Fair.. as less than 400m away is the next station, Tokyo-Teleport Station.. imagine that, the queue had almost stretched from one station to another!!

I am a fan of Japanese anime, but NOT THAT hardcore to be willing to waste my time queuing for hours just to get into the exhibition and then to be squashed and pushed by thousands of people inside the exhibition hall.. No way.. I would rather spend that time reading a book or watching movies/anime! Well, maybe I will try again next year.. by arriving at the place 2 hours before the opening time.. maybe.. depends on my mood next year.. :p

No comments: