Jul 15, 2008

High on caffeine

I have not been able to sleep for the past 24 hours.. been awake since 8am yesterday... :( why? not because of my reports.. but because of some black coffee that I drank yesterday afternoon.. last night my mind just can't seems to take a rest, I kept tossing and turning on my bed the whole night unable to get any shut eye at all... Now I felt like a zombie.. awake but numb.. my body feels sluggish and my legs draggy.. I felt like I sleepwalked to school this morning.. and luckily today's final test was very easy, so no worries.. :P

I am never a coffee drinker. I only drink coffee once in a while, maybe some ice-blend coffee from Starbucks or Coffee Beans. But this semester, I have 2 back-to-back lectures on Monday afternoons that are pretty heavy, I need something to keep me awake so I can pay attention to what the lecturer is saying.. so I would have 1 can/bottle of coffee every Monday just this semester.. and yesterday, I bought a 500ml black coffee that boasts having zero calories. The coffee taste was not to my liking but yet I still drank all of it since I didn't want to throw it away after 1 sip...

When I was studying in NUS, nothing could stop me from falling asleep when preparing for exams. I tried coffee, red bull and other "tonic" drinks but I still sleep like a pig at the end of the day.. caffeine doesn't seemed to have any effect on me.. but as age catches up, I became more and more sensitive to it.. I have to avoid drinking coffee after 4 or 5pm, else I would not be able to sleep that same night.. But this is the first time I am became insomnia due to caffeine.. :P

Cos frankly, I didn't expect the effect of caffeine would be so strong until I can't fall asleep even after more than 18 hours!! Luckily, now the sleep bug is beginning to bite me.. so I think I would have an early night tonight... my eyelids are getting heavier and heavier...

No comments: