Dec 18, 2009

Australia 2009: 3rd week

Time really flies and I am already in my 4th week in Australia.. :)

Things have become more or less routine (or monotonous, if you think it passively), as I have been "incorporated" into the kids' daily lives.. :) I will be woken in the morning by Rio, calling out my name outside my bedroom door.. Then it will be helping Voone preparing breakfast or getting the kids to eat.. Lots of reading time, and play time..
Of course, it wasn't always sweet and nice all the time.. kids do have their tantrums and moods, thus sometimes I was really glad that I wasn't their mum.. :p :p But seriously I really must salute these stay-at-home mums with more than 1 kids.. toughest job in the world, in my opinion..

As Christmas is just around the corner, some have put up Christmas decorations.. A couple of them really went through A LOT of effort in decorating their houses.. Here are a few of them..

There is a Christmas Light competition for the suburbs here and the winners' list just came out a few days ago, so we would most probably go around the neighborhood to "hunt" for the winners in the next few nights.. :)

Went to Cody's pre-school graduation too.. Kids will always be kids, whether they are "Ang Mo" (meaning Caucasian in Hokkien) or Asians.. actually, I think the Ang Mo kids are more noisy and harder to "control", since they aren't always being told to "keep quiet" all the time.. :p :p
Made steam egg cakes and Mee-chian-kueh (picture below) for the kids.. and cooked a dinner for Dean's parents too.. I can only say that there weren't any complains from the Reynolds.. so far... :p :p
Visited the Sunday Market at Mt Tamborine.. had some nice home-made truffles and candies.. plenty of nick-knacks, home-made soap, jams and handicrafts..
More interesting activities are lined up for the next week.. :) :) Stay tune!!

No comments: