Dec 2, 2009

Australia 2009: First week

Time flies! I have been in Australia for a week now.. :)

Shall try to write about my days here, day by day, if possible.. but it is no walk in the park handling 2 hyperactive under-5 year olds.. I wake up earlier than usual (around 7am which is 5am in Malaysia) and sleep just slightly earlier (around 11pm).. I take my hats off to Voone, who has managed to bring up her well-behaved kids all by herself.. no maids are allowed in Australia because of human rights.. so almost all mums here take care of their own kids, with or without the help of family (like grandparents or unmarried siblings), as childcare is expensive and the services provided isn't that great..

One "major" happening is that my camera died on me today.. I could go on and on and on and on about how could it die on me when I am on vacation blah blah blah, but seriously I can't really complain as it has been serving me faithfully for at least 5 years now.. having been the witness to the time I spent in Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and now Australia.. so I would need to get a replacement.. Voone is lending her Sony for the time being..

Haven't had much chance to do my own stuff, as I was getting into the routines of the Reynolds.. It is a different kind of lifestyle that I am experiencing.. one that is lay-back, where money is NOT the ONLY thing in the world.. where people prefers to spend time with family than to do overtime in the office.. where they look forward to the next family gathering and not the next big family purchase.. where kids CAN be kids and not forced to know everything yesterday..

So far I had managed to finish reading a book (Guardian Angels by H.Whitetaker & C.Blanche) and had borrowed a few from the local library.. gonna send a couple of applications.. maybe catch up on a few blockbuster movies.. but most importantly, I hope to think things through, sort out & dispose of some baggage and get my life back on track.. Hope to get that highly-motivated, assertive and confident "Imm" back by next year!

No comments: