Jun 18, 2011

Poetry Solace: Of love, night and live..

I thought I would start sharing some poetry that I've read in this blog too, other than just songs on Sundays.. Good things are meant to be shared, no? :)

Most of the poems that resonate with me are often about 3 L's - Life, Love and Loss.. I love to read poetry and like to dabble in writing them, especially when I'm feeling down.. Reading poems helps, as I realized that I'm not the only one who is feeling/felt these emotions.. and writing them provides me with a medium to channel all my pent-up emotions.. It is a way for me to keep in touch with my emotional self..

So for today, I shall start with 3 poems from poet Francis William Bourdillon.


The Regions of Love
Who knows the deeps, where the water sleeps
Leagues from the light away?
Who knows the heights, where myriad lights
Fill heaven with endless day?

The earth goes on—seeks and loses the sun,
And men in the changes delight;
Love whirls us away into changeless day,
Or whelms us in changeless night.



Night
The night has a thousand eyes,
And the day but one;
Yet the light of the bright world dies
With the dying sun.

The mind has a thousand eyes,
And the heart but one;
Yet the light of a whole life dies,
When love is done. 



Only to Live
Only to live! There nothing is more sweet.
Only to live! There nothing is more bitter.
Only to live, when flowers are at the feet
And overhead the happy swallows twitter.
Only to live! There nothing is more sweet.
Only to live, when flies the angry sleet,
And the head bows above a dead love’s litter.
Only to live! There nothing is more bitter.



Have a good weekend!

No comments: