Jun 9, 2011

Singapore 2011 - in a nutshell

Been more than a year since I last visited Singapore.. My last trip was for several job interviews that fell through.. this time round, my purpose was pleasure.. :)

It was quite a last minute trip as my sis could only confirm her leave just a week before.. but I savored the opportunity to plan for it nonetheless.. knowing my need to have everything under control, my sis gave me a free hand in planning everything.. in her words, "You plan everything la, I just follow you.. " :)

It was a short 3D2N trip.. we took an express bus on the night of Jun 01, arrived in Singapore the next morning.. and we left the Lion City on Saturday night and arrived on Sunday morning.. The bus tickets for the trip down cost MYR$ 100 for 2, while the trip back was SGD$ 120 for 2 (on a much sophisticated bus with individual entertainment TV sets).

The 'theme' of this trip was to visit Universal Studio Singapore and to do some shopping.. so I didn't plan much activities.. just 1 day at USS and the rest for shopping and eating.. :p Both of us really missed the wide variety of (good) food available in SG.. however with such a short period of time, we couldn't manage to satisfy all our food cravings.. anyway, there's always next time.. :p

Had a couple of minor irritants along the trip.. stepped on some poop and got all smelly, wasted time waiting for shops to open, blistered feet due to tight/new shoes, attraction rides canceled due to technical problems, took extra long route to get to several of our destinations, etc.. nothing serious, just small annoyances..

Although we were kinda disappointed with USS (shall talk about it later), the shopping 'saved' the trip for us.. :)  So all in all, it was not a bad trip..

No comments: