Jun 13, 2011

Singapore 2011 - lodging

Had wanted to stay somewhere around Lavendar/Kallang, my usual lodging area, but since we wanted to spend as much time as possible in Sentosa I decided to look around that area..

Then I found a great hotel package from MasterCard, in conjunction with Great Singapore Sale 2011, which offers 2 nights stay in one of the hotels within Resort World Sentosa, 2 1-day passes to Universal Studio Singapore and 2 Cat.5 tickets for Voyage de la Vie for a net price of SGD$ 598. I just jumped on it.. :p

The hotel that we were given was Hotel Michael, a boutique hotel inspired by and named after American Michael Graves, the primary architect of Resorts World Sentosa.

Here are some photos of our room..
key card for the room.
twin beds..
flat screen TV... mini fridge inside the right bottom cupboard..
toilet... with marble flooring..
wash basin..
separate shower 'cubicle'..
All in all, the room was big and comfortable.. the deco concept is my only pet peeve.. all the bright colors, especially orange and yellow, made the room feel 'cheap'.. you might not notice it from the photos as I've already toned down their saturation.. those 'loud' colors just don't appeal to me nor does it exude classiness/stylishness in my eyes.. also, there is no FREE wifi.. I had to pay SGD$ 5.35 for ONE hour of access which was just ridiculous... anyway, we didn't come all the way just to admire the hotel nor to surf the Internet.. so enough said..

Next, Universal Studio Singapore..

No comments: