Nov 19, 2007

10 vs 1

On my way to school this morning, while walking to the JR Line in Shibuya, along the unopened shop lots, I saw something that left me with mixed feelings..

There were 3 policemen holding on to those yellow-tapes that the police used to mark crime scenes, cordoning off part of the area.. and on the floor behind these 3 policemen, were even more policemen squatting down, as if they were holding onto some dangerous criminals..

As I walked past the commotion, I was made speechless by what I saw.. There it was, no less than 10 policemen holding down a man!! Some of the policemen were actually sitting on the guy! That guy, who seems to be in his mid forties, was either drunk or mad, as he was mumbling non coherently.. WOW.. Imagine, 10 policemen had to be here to restraint ONE man! Either that guy was super strong, or super mad!!

This is not the first time I've seen such 'over-reacting' from the police.. Tasks that could be done by just 2 or 3 policemen, had to be undertaken by car load of them.. Maybe they don't get to see much "action" as Japan is a pretty safe place.. thus whenever there is any crime, be it big, small or petty, they want a piece of it.. :p But again, doesn't this speak volume of the efficiency of the police team?? Again, maybe I am wrong.. maybe what I had seen might not be the real deal..

No comments: