Nov 25, 2007

Out of Service..

Yep, was "KO-ed" for the past few days.. Down with fever and running nose on Thursday and Friday.. so the last few days were spent recovering and recuperating...

Think the main reason for my getting sick was the karate training session last Wednesday night.. Due to the unavailability of the Multi-purpose hall (due to people using it for practice and rehearsal of the Komaba Festival), we had to use a smaller room in another building. We had to walk about 50m to that place. As I didnt know that we need to walk outside to get to that smaller room, I only wore one T'shirt under my karate gi and a sandal.. imagine the coldness as the wind was howling and the temperature outside was around 10 degree or less.. Also that small room had no mats, so we had to practice on cold cement floor for more than an hour.. :x By the time we ended the practice, soaking in sweat, we had to walk back to our rooms in that same howling wind and coldness!!

Was supposed to go to school on Thursday afternoon to help out in one important conference for my Professor.. however, woke up feeling feverish and nose was running... took my temperature, it was around 38.5 degree!! Thus I was down and "out of service" for the past few days..

Lucky that I had always stocked up my cupboard, so I had food to tie me through the last few days.. would need to stock up soon..

Think the weather had gotten to me.. :( hopefully my body will adapt to the weather soon.. else there will be more "down time" for me... :(

No comments: