Nov 18, 2007

Crazy weather..

The weather is getting wackier by the day...

Imagine the temperature difference between 2 consecutive days can fluctuate between 21 and 14 degrees! Yesterday can be all bright and sunny, at 21 degree.. and suddenly the next day, the mercury could drop to around 14 degree today!! And nowadays, the difference within the same day averages around 8-10 degrees!! From 20 degree in the day to 10-11 degree at night! Seriously, how do one get used to such fluctuation...without getting sick along the way???

For the past 3 weeks, many were down with flu and cold.. lots of people were either sick for a few days or sick for weeks.. coughs, running nose and fever were the norm.. fortunately or unfortunately, I had 'only' running nose here and there.. but considering the amount of time I stay indoor, in my room and not out shopping or exploring, that is the best case scenario..

Another dilemma is how many layers of clothings to wear... If I wear too little, the wind/coldness would freeze my ass off; if I wear too much, I would sweat like a pig indoors.. The wind here are freaking and mercilessly cold...

Some nights I could sleep without turning on the heater, while most nights I had to.. some morning I woke up shivering (as I didnt use the heater the night before) while some morning I woke up sweating... (due to the heater).. So I do foresee myself getting sick or feeling discomfort/unwell more often until the weather sort of 'make up its mind' to stay cold or hot for the rest of the season...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, the weather is still ok by my standards. ;) Just wait until december...

As for the clothes, think layers: gear that you can remove and fold in a bag as necessary if the day turns not so cold... These are the basics of survival in a tempered country. :p