Nov 19, 2007

大大的大风吹。。 (Big big big wind blow..)

Today was by far the coldest day I've ever encountered in Japan..

The sun was out and I could feel its warms.. however, the wind was really howling away.. After my 1.7km walk from Takadanobaba Station to Building 22 (where all my Japanese classes are held), my cheeks felt cold and numb as if they had been placed in fridge.. my fingers felt the same, even though I had 'stick' them inside the pockets of my jacket... but luckily I don't have 'Mickey-Mouse' ears so they are quite warm, being close to my head.. :p

Today was forecast to be around 15 degree during the day and 8 degree at night.. while tomorrow will not be any better, with 17 degree being the highest and 7 degree being the lowest.. With winter coming soon, these temperatures will only get lower each day.. hopefully my body will be able to adapt to such low temperatures soon... although I must say I can feel that I'm going to get sick soon.. :( hope I'm wrong..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jie, here's a few tips: if ur jacket is thick enough, then jz wear 1 sweater or 1 t-shirt+ 1 light jacket inside. if ur jacket is not think enough(like windbreaker) then u better wear 2-3 layers inside. its best tat u wear a few layers tat can b taken off if u feel hot once indoor.
wear boots or airtight shoes n wear thicker socks also. if u didnt keep ur feet warm u'll catch cold very easily.
during windy days, turn ur scarf around ur neck n let it cover up til ur chin, (sometimes i even cover til my nose)+ wear a cap, this will keep ur face n head warm(but i seldom wear cap myself so i always hv mickey-mouse' ears :p).
finally, wear gloves to keep ur hand warm lo, i find tat woollen gloves r warmer than those synthetic or leather 1.
thats how i survive through moscow's winter ^_^ u too can do it, jie! Gambate ne!!