Nov 18, 2007

For You in Full Blossom

This is a famous manga written by Nakajo Hisaya, widely known as 花ざかりの君たちへ, in Japan. It has been dramatized in Taiwan late last year, with the title, 花樣少年少女, with the main leads played by Ella of SHE and Wu Chun of boyband Fahrenheit.

Yesterday I finished watching the Japanese drama, which had been broadcast on TV in this summer.. It was a very funny, quirky and warm-hearted drama.. The leads (Oguri Shun, Ikuta Toma and Horikita Maki) are, as usual, great eye-candies, especially the male leads.. :p These dramas frequently induce a feel-good factor and always portray those 3-year of high-school as the best days of ones school life..

Being in Japan now, I could see that the guys portrayed in these teenage-themed dramas really do exist in the real world.. except that they might not be as good looking as those in the television.. but the behaviors and dressings can be found on many Japanese guys.. sometimes it is difficult to draw the line between being well-groomed or being gay(-ish). Some of the guys could carry off the metrosexual-kind of looks, but many are just out-right 'vomit-inducing'.. And some of the girls here (especially teenagers and those in their early twenties) are really over the top.. with their brown/blond hair, high-heels and dresses.. and yes, they really do like to squeal! in high-pitch no less.. :x :x

All in all, Japanese dramas are a great source of entertainment and learning for me, although I must say that I am not short of entertainment.. :) There are so many books/e-books/manga to read, so many dramas/anime/documentaries/variety shows to watch, and so many online games to play that the only complaint I have is that I have NO TIME!!! :) :p Knowing 2 major languages (English and Chinese, not to mention Cantonese) enables me to watch and read from so many sources (from US, UK, Australia, China, HK, Taiwan, Singapore, etc).. and frankly, I can't wait for the time when I can finally read/listen and understand Japanese! Cos I really do believe that in order to understand any culture/nation, books are the greatest source of information..

No comments: