Oct 15, 2010

Busy with...

Recently took up a freelance translation job with an online hotel booking website.. need to translate at least 10,000 words per week.. from English to Chinese.. sorta trying to make up lost time by earning as much as possible.. ;) and together with my existing (English to Malay) freelance translation arrangement with a Japanese company, so my life pretty much "revolves" around translations nowadays.. 

My hours are still fairly irregular.. sleeping around 2am, waking up at 5:45am, sleep again around 7am, and finally waking up around 12pm.. My time is very fragmented.. Other than those translation jobs, I have to find time to read academic journals and papers to prepare my research proposal too.. plus I have tons of TV dramas to catch up, especially with the recent start of the fall season in US.. :p  My sister subscribed to 2 magazines recently too, and they are mostly for my reading pleasure, since she don't like reading.. Thus I have a weekly edition of Newsweek and a bi-weekly edition of Fortune to read.. :) So I am definitely cutting my time on FB... and I might not be blogging as much too.. cos some things have to give, right?

So from the looks of things, I should be tied up till early next year.. and hopefully, new exciting things will start happening then.. :p :p :p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Imm.

Well things are sounding better for you... keeping busy I see. I guess its a case of looking at life from either a glass half full or half empty perspective. Half full is always the better perspective. Good on you! :-)

Cheers.

Imm said...

Hi there!
Ya, looking at life half empty can only be more depressing.. and it is hard trying to be happy while being depressed. ;)
I've sorta "indulged" myself emotionally (by being depressed and down) for most of the past year, so I think it is about time to take back some control over my life and start living it..
And thanks for your support all this while.. good to know that there is still people out there who are concerned.. :)

bachd said...

hey..let me help you for the english-malay translation!