Dec 24, 2007

My Day

Turned a year older yesterday... :)

The major program of the day was a visit to the Imperial Palace to greet the Emperor of Japan whom I am honored to be sharing the same birthday with. However, it had started raining since 1am and didn't stop until around 10am.. so I decided not to go out at all.. the line of sight of the Imperial family (on the balcony) would most probably be blocked... no point going there and not being able to see anything, since everyone will be carrying an umbrella..

I slept around 2am.. As a tradition, I will open all the presents that I've received slightly after midnight.. this year, I received only 1.. from Kim-chan.. this year no birthday parties, no birthday lunch/dinner.. only me and myself.. sounded kinda melancholy, but I am ok with it.. I rather spend it alone if I can't spend it with the people I like/can click.. I don't want to put on masks.. this was my day, I don't want to have to "entertain" people by being nice/considerate/whatever..

Usually, when I was in Singapore, this day will be the day I go shopping.. :p Cos I will just get myself any new clothes that catches my fancy without worrying much about the price, although I will never over-spend... It was one of the few occasions that I do shop.. :p But being in Japan, where all the usual clothes will not fit me, I had given up shopping for "nice-nice" clothes, only necessary ones.. I would have considered going to a karaoke and sing my heart out, but the karaoke in Japan are not really that Chinese-language friendly.. their Chinese songs' MV are all not originals.. so one can't really enjoy the songs as one would be able to as in Singapore.. :(

I woke up around 7am as I wanted to go out, but when I saw the rain, I decided to just stay in.. not wanting to go back to sleep (and waste my BD), I decided to watch a movie on my laptop.. I had saved the movie, 生日快乐 by 刘若英 and 古天乐 to be watched today. It was a sad movie, and yes, I cried.. then I watched a lot of the Taiwanese variety show called, 开运万事通 to know more about astrology.. :p :p I am always curious about what the future lies ahead for me, especially during my BD when the new year will arrive in less than 9 days..

For lunch I had rice and stew. Cooked rice and heated up the prepacked stew. For dinner I had rice and curry instead.. :) One of my classmates from Taiwan had given me some 肉干, 萨其玛 and 贡糖 from Taiwan.. :) :) So I ate them too.. Had 2 cans of beer too.. hahaha.. compared to what I usually drink, those cans of beer were nothing.. :p :p

At night, I watched 2 HK movies: PTU and 危险人物. Not too bad.. Then I had the usual family conference call with Bro and Dad. Sis was not able to join as her roommate was asleep and Sis didnt want to wake her up.. Didnt really talk much too, as Bro was with his gf (who coincidently share the same BD as me).. After that I had a mini karaoke session in my room.. as I have lots of original MVs, I just played them one by one and sang along with them.. :p

So that's about it.. that's how I spent my BD this year.. :p :)

No comments: