Dec 5, 2007

Test Week

It's going to be a 'Testing' week next week...

I will have tests almost everyday this coming week..

Monday (10 Dec): Listening Test
The 2nd of the 3 scheduled tests for the Listening Class. One of my weakest Japanese skills. Did not do too badly in the first test, getting 91 out of 100.. :p But still I remain fearful every time I listen to the test conversations or news that my brain will freeze and stop processing the information, which it does occasionally.. :x :x
[Stress Level: 3.5 out of 5]

Tuesday (11 Dec): Reading Test
This is a weekly test and the most un-stressful test of them all. Reading and comprehending essays and writing the hiragana for the Kanji is one of my strength..
As long as I study (a bit) I will be okay, although I have yet to score full marks so far.. there is always some small minor mistakes here and there.. :x
[Stress Level: 1.5 out of 5]

Wednesday (12 Dec): Karate Promotion Test
My 2nd promotion test for this year.. It's for promoting from 9-kyu to 8-kyu... but I will still be in purple belt when I pass this.. I think the probability of me passing this should be quite high as I am more confident now than I was my first time.. yet, it is kinda stressful to 'perform' in front of all the seniors.. :x
[Stress Level: 3 out of 5]

Thursday (13 Dec): NO TEST!!
A day of resting.. :p :p

Friday (14 Dec): Grammar Test
Another of my weakness in Japanese.. And one of the most stressful subjects this semester.. This is a weekly test that contributes about 30% of the marks and then on 18 Jan a final exam that has a weight of 50%!! The weekly test requires us to make new sentences or completed some partially formed sentences with the grammar we learned the week before. So far my lowest score was 1.5 out of 8 in one of the tests... :x :x Thus me damn stressful as there are students in the class who consistently score 80% or more in every tests, when I barely pass most of the time.. :x :x Think I just have to buck up and study more.. :(
[Stress Level: 4.5 out of 5]

In addition, I will have to make a presentation on my researches this Friday evening in the weekly seminar. I've already prepared the presentation slides last week. Since this presentation is just an introduction of what I planned to do during these 2 years and not my actual research results for this semester, I'm not that stress over it.. :p

No comments: