Mar 21, 2010

A quick hop-over

Took a short trip over to Singapore last Tuesday.. it was kinda rush because I had to attend an interview scheduled Thursday.. Had originally wanted to "move" to Singapore "permanently" this week, but because of this interview and the possibility of going to Taiwan, I decided to just spend 3 days 2 nights in the Lion City.

Everything was rushed.. I had to book a hotel instead of hostel, as I wanted a room with attached bathroom.. Everything was hushed too.. as I didn't want to tell everyone about my trip.. don't want them to have any expectations or false hope.. also it was my first interview since I started my job hunt "seriously" from end of January.. and my rusty interviewee skills was going to be tested, at last..

Frankly I was looking forward to this trip.. going "back" to a place that I have spend almost my whole adult life in.. I want to reconnect to the place again.. Remembering how things are being done, the norms and the usuals.

Took a 11pm coach from my place.. by the time I cleared the custom, it was almost 7am the next day.. took another hour or so to get to my hotel.. wasn't able to check in as yet so I left my luggage at the hotel and went to my favorite Buddhist temple nearby.. to chat with the temple keeper auntie there and do some praying..

Was able to check in around 12pm.. took a quick shower and I went out again.. this time to Suntec City.. :) to change and deposit some Yen to my SG account.. and then to get a prepaid mobile SIM card.. this is to give the companies a local number to contact me if they want to call for a job interview as I realised that my not having a SG contact number are limiting my chances of getting interviews..

Since it was still early before my movie, I decided to go for a session of foot reflexology.. I still have a couple of sessions still not utilized from the package that I bought before I went to Japan.. It was painful but I enjoyed it.. :p Then I went for my movie, Alice in Wonderland (3D).. :)

Bought some food back to my hotel room and of course, my juice.. I bought pink guava juice, instead of orange juice.. miss the taste of it.. went back pretty early as I didn't want to stay out too late.. I watched a movie, The Women on my small laptop before turning in for the night..

The next day, went for the interview around 9:30am.. Shall write about it in another post.. But sufficient to say that I didn't get the job.. They wanted someone with more experience in project management.. oh well, I can't possibly gotten a job with just ONE interview, right?

When I got back to the hotel, it started raining.. so I stayed in the entire afternoon.. watched some TV and just chill in the hotel room.. :) Went to meet some friends for dinner at Raffles City.. Had some pretty good Italian food.. chit chatted till almost midnight.. good to be able to catch up with friends.. :)

Slept very late that night as I had 3 urgent translation jobs to complete.. Every single time I went traveling, I would always get these "urgent" jobs, without any exceptions!! So I woke up pretty late the next day.. Checked out the hotel around 11am, left me luggage in the hotel and went off again! :)

Went to Orchard this time.. Since I have more than 10 hours to kill, I decided to go watch movie again.. :p This time a Japanese movie, Kaiji - The Ultimate Gambler (カイジ 人生逆転ゲーム) at Orchard Cineleisure.. :) Then I wonder around Orchard Road, went to Kinokuniya at Takashimaya Shopping Center.. after that I went back to City Hall area and window shopped at Funan Center for 3C merchandise.. It felt so good to be able to go anywhere I want by just taking the train and walking.. :) :) :)

Was supposed to have dinner with another old friend, but she had a last minute meeting to attend to, so I just treated myself to a nice dinner at the coffee connoisseur ( tcc ) in Citylink Mall.. :)

Then reluctantly I boarded the coach at Golden Mile Complex around 9:30pm.. and got back home early morning the next day..

No comments: