Mar 10, 2010

Transformer

"My dad makes transformers..."
This is what I will tell people if they asked about my father.. It will almost always make the person asking raise their eyebrows.. which I will then explain to them that these transformers are not the same as these transformers...

There are many different types of transformers.. but most will consist of a bobbin/core and some copper wires.. some are small while others are huge.. my father specializes in making small transformers that fits inside a fan regulator, lamp post, audio hifi and other electrical appliances..

Since I've yet to secure a job, I would go to my father's factory once in a while and help him with some of the chores there.. Most of the time, I am tasked to do "winding" using a specialized machine.. Shown as below: In this case, I need to wind two sets of wires around the bobbin.. First the left side.. Then the right side..Ta da! The end-result of winding.. it still needs more work to be done on it..And to give you an idea of how small this is.. a comparison..I could wind about 400 pieces of these within 5 hours.. Not too bad for someone with fat fingers.. :p :p :p

No comments: