Mar 2, 2010

Want vs Wanted

Mmmm..... so I have been jobless for more than 5 months now.. One of my uncles hit the nail on the head when he said, “毕业就是失业”(you are jobless once you graduated)... well, I can't argue with that.. :(

I have uploaded my resume to several major job sites, fine tuning and customizing it several times along the way.. Been sending plenty of applications to companies in Singapore since end January (after my trip to Australia), but received no responses so far.. :x

Actually, I did get a few calls and emails from recruitment companies.. but all were for positions in Kuala Lumpur, Cyberjaya, KLCC or Damansara, which in other words meant working in Malaysia.. Frankly, I was very tempted by one or two of the offers as the jobs seemed challenging and interesting enough.. but in the end, I rejected all of them as I refuse to stay in a country that I don't feel comfortable nor welcomed..

So in short, I don't want (to work for) those who wanted me, but prefer to wait for those who might not even call me (for an interview).. That is the irony of LIFE, isn't it? :x :x What we want, we can't have; What we have, we don't want..

Just hope these kind of situation don't persist on for too long.. My self-esteem and self-confidence is shriveling fast.. Need to plan for my next course of action to remedy this soon..

No comments: