Mar 22, 2010

Longingly...

Being in Singapore reminded me of many things... things that I haven't feel for a long while..

..the freedom to walk around anywhere unafraid.. even well passed midnight..
..the ease of traveling around.. by walking or taking public transport..
..the affordability of taking a taxi.. without worrying about the meter..
..the familiarity of household shops/brand names.. some are "made-in-Singapore" but mostly "found-in Singapore"..
..the choice of affordable restaurants and eateries.. good food that doesn't cost a bomb..
..the reliability of services.. everything is either "sure can" or "sure have"..
..the sense of security.. where the police CAN be trusted..
..the feeling of belonging and acceptance.. even when I was not even born there..
..the company of friends.. even if we haven't seen each other for ages..

and lastly..
..the glimpse of the life I should/could/would be living once I get a job..

No comments: