Oct 2, 2007

2nd day of school

Today is the second day of school... had 3 classes today..

First class in the morning, 9am, is the Reading class. The Sensei was very friendly and humorous, so her class should be fun.. There is about 15 of us in the class, so still conducive for learning.. She gave us a printout from the text and asked us to read and answer the questions.. I could understand the passage, but was having problem answering the questions in my own word, so in the end, I just copied the original sentence as the answer.. :p :p

After the class, the 4 of us went to the University cafeteria (again) and hang out.. It was the one of the 2 instances that the four of us attended the same weekly classes.. The guys treated us girls Green tea latte. And we just talked rubbish.. it was more on the alternative 'education' that Alex and Chua wanted Kim-chan to 'study'.. It really amazed me the two huge contrast between Alex and Kim-chan.. One is so innocent, while the other so... to put it nicely, 'well-versed'.. :p Then around 11:30am we went for an early lunch.. Kim-chan went to her sister's place instead..

My next class was at 1pm, the Pronunciation class.. The class is huge, too many people in one class that it was no longer conducive for learning anymore.. The class has about 25 students!! :o Both the Bekka students (ie those students who came for Japanese classes only) and undergraduate or graduate students are eligible to take this class.. Thus the Sensei mentioned that they might split the class up into 2 and have the other class on Wednesday.. It was okay by me, as I would prefer a smaller class.. else it would only be a waste of time if the Sensei is not able to listen and correct our mistakes due to class size.. The class is fun as we get to ponder which pronunciation is for which word/phrase and the proper way of pronouncing certain words , etc.. Just hope they find a way to cut down the class size..

Then I had to wait for almost 2 hours for my next class, which is another Masters class.. Went to the student lodge and chatted with Ilu, a Samoan scholar from the same lab... Took a quick shuteye of 20 minutes..

Professor Urano's class, Internet, was okay.. I kinda knew some of that stuff in general, so it won't be a stressful course for me.. Although I do find his way of teaching a bit too slow.. but hey, as long as he gets his idea/message across, who am I to comment, right??

By the time I reached home, it was almost 7pm.. Very tired.. However, just by thinking about tomorrow makes me happy, cos I have only 1 class tomorrow.. :D :D So I think tomorrow will be my grocery-shopping cum room-cleaning cum laundry day... The weather these few days were so cold, wet and cloudy that I was really reluctant to do anything physical.. :p But I think I had better start doing some house-cleaning before all the pests start coming in 'to pay me a visit', especially when my room is just next to the common kitchen..

Can't wait for Thursday.. my off-day during weekdays.. :) :p

No comments: