Oct 17, 2007

Officially Purple belt..

:) :) :)

Got the certificate stating that I've passed the karate promotion exam last month..



However, the purple belt has yet to be given out, thus I'm still wearing the white one for the past few weeks..

With the promotion exam happening only 2 to 3 times a year, I do not foresee myself reaching even brown belt... There are 3 sub-levels within a colored belt. Purple belt (9-kyu -> 8-kyu -> 7-kyu) -> Green belt (6-kyu -> 5-kyu -> 4-kyu) -> Brown belt (3-kyu -> 2-kyu -> 1-kyu) -> Black belt... I'm currently in 9-kyu and to change from purple to green, I have to pass 2 more exams.. :(

So with 'only' 2 more years in Japan (at least that's what I think, for now), I could only take 4-5 more exams, making the brown belt unreachable.. :8

But it's okay.. I had been having a good workout every week and (I think) my weight has been slowly dropping.. The stretches that we do every week is very good.. think I'm more flexible and slightly toned than before.. :p :p So not too bad for a beginner in her early thirties.. hahahahaha...

No comments: