Jan 10, 2011

a member of WWF

Renewed my WWF membership last Dec.. have been a member for quite some time already.. just received my renewal gift a few days ago.. a environmentally friendly 100% recyclable (panda) tote-bag..


A friend of mine in Japan is holding on to another WWF tote-bag for me.. it was my renewal gift for 2009.. that one should have a tiger print.. :) :)

Been doing what I can to help (save) the animals.. like not eating sharks fins..  recycling and reusing as much as possible.. buying animal-friendly products (like dolphin safe tuna or products with Ecolabel) whenever possible.. contributing to WWF.. signing WWF's online petitions to countries/government to urge them to take conservation measures..

The reason why I am into saving animals is that they are defenseless against us humans.. they can't tell us that they are suffering.. they can't go out and protest bad/deteriorating  "living conditions".. They just died.. silently.. The recent mass bird deaths are making (some) people sit up and take notice.. whether those were caused by diseases, bad weather or fireworks, one thing is for sure, at least in my mind, that we humans have a hand in all these.. one way or another..

My stand is that we should be THE protector of all living organisms on this planet, not destroyer.. It is one thing to relegate old technologies to the realm of antiques, quite another to (knowingly or otherwise) force, even just one, species into extinction. Unfortunately, humans are driving extinction faster than species can evolve.. as much as I love zoos, except for the one in Ueno, Japan, I don't want to know that several decades later, zoo is the only place to see real (live) animals..

No comments: