Sep 26, 2009

Last Saturday..

Today I went to the Ueno Zoo with Aishah and Maow..

Wanted to get there around 9am so that we could have breakfast.. took a bus near my house.. but since both of us had never taken that Bus No.69 before, we didn't really know where to get off.. in the end, we took a joyride and came back to Edogawabashi.. in the end we took the train.. yet that one hour on the train was not wasted as we managed to catch up.. :)

Met Maow around 11am.. and we went to the Ueno Zoo.. even though all of us had been in Japan for more than 2.5 years, none of us visited the Zoo.. thus all the three of us were very excited.. :)

However, the condition at the Zoo is very very very very VERY appalling!! Almost all the animals at the zoo are subjected to the same living condition as the average Japanese!!! Most of the cages are so freaking small that I really wanted to cry when I saw it.. Especially those for the big birds of prey like the hawks, falcon, vultures and eagles.. they could barely spread their wings, much less fly!!!!!!!!! These animals are NOT given adequate space to live!!!! I love to visit the Singapore Zoo because the animals are allowed to roam just as they were in the wild.. but in this zoo, these animals are subjected to house-arrest!!!! We even saw an eagle falling off the fake tree branches!!!!!! How sad can that be????!!!!! If the people from Green Peace or WWF wanna protest about Japanese's "treatment" of whales and dolphins, they should come and take a look at this Zoo.. Never a person who writes feedback form, yet this time I did.. I had to tell them how sad, frustrated and pissed I am at how they are treating these beautiful creatures of nature.. If they can't afford to give these animals the proper space and living conditions that they deserve, then don't keep them.. I don't think these animals deserved to be repressed and oppressed, just like the Japanese themselves!!!!

We came out of the Zoo around 3pm.. because personally, I didn't have the mood to really see all the animals.. everywhere I go I pity the animals.. I didn't enjoy the Zoo at all.. We went to Ameyoko to have lunch.. after going around the shops buying stuff (not me, Aishah and Maow), we went back around 4:30pm..

Did some final packing and tidying up of my room.. gave away all the stuff that I could bring back to Aishah and the two new housemates.. and now writing this blog... shall write a bit more later.. in the next entry..

No comments: