Sep 25, 2009

Last Friday..

And it is T - 2 days to leaving Japan...

Today, I went to Ghibli Museum for the 10am session.. bought the ticket last Sunday, on my way back from my graduation.. There are 4 sessions, 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm.. Took the train to Kichijoji instead of Mitaka as I wanna do some deposit at Shinsei Bank.. Bought some sandwiches and had wanted to walk to the Museum.. yet, with just a rough idea of where the Museum is, I backtracked a couple of time, uncertain as to how I should proceed.. should I go back to the station and take the train one stop to Mitaka and follow the instructions printed on the ticket stub, or should I follow my instinct and head towards the direction that I think the Museum should be? I then decided to just follow my instinct and take a chance, something that was unthinkable a few years back.. In the end, I managed to find my way to the Museum in time.. :)

Frankly speaking, the Museum is not worth the entrance fee(¥1,000) that they are charging.. There are lots of things to look at - very nice drawings, rough sketches and all the things that the animators need to draw and produce those classic anime.. yet, as the visitors are not allowed to take photos, one could walk through all the exhibition rooms in less than 1 hour, as there weren't many descriptive or narrative explanation notes near the exhibits for the visitors to read..

In the end, I spent about 2 hours there, viewing the exhibition rooms twice and at a very slow pace.. The drawings and sketches in the Animators' room were really very very nice.. I would have bought quite a few of them if they were made into postcards or paintings... Shall post the photos of my visit later.. Bought a 2010 planner (whose leather cover can be reused) and a postcard, both from the "My neighbour Totoro" movie, which is still my favorite even though I can't really remember the story line.. I just love that fluffy cuddly and grinning Totoro.. :)

Then I met up with Chrissy for lunch near Waseda.. Before that I went to AU shop, as I wanna terminate my mobile phone line.. but it seemed that they can NOT do "scheduled" termination, only "immediate" termination.. which is very puzzling, considering Japan has the MOST advanced mobile and mobile-related technology.. well, what can I do about it, right?? so I would have to make another trip over there tomorrow evening to get my phone terminated.. :x :x

After lunch, I went to the Post Office and closed my POSBank account.. luckily, that went on without a hitch, since I am taking MY money out from the bank.. :P Came back to my room and did some packing.. and some final scanning.. My 2 luggage bags will DEFINITELY be MORE than 20kg combined.. If they really wanna charged me for the extra baggage, I had no choice but to pay them.. hope they don't.. pray hard hard.. :p

Went for dinner around 7.30pm with the landlord, the 2 new housemates, Aishah, Sasaki-san and Stephanie.. to a Italian/French restaurant.. where the food was pretty good.. it was a course dinner and escargot was on the menu.. so the meal should be quite expensive, but again, it was a treat by Watanabe-san.. Seriously, I can't find any other landlord as kind and generous as him.. Am really blessed..

There is so many thoughts and emotions going through my mind right now, it is difficult to pen them down.. maybe I could just write what I feel/think, but it won't be coherent.. I shall try to write something down tomorrow night.. my final night in Japan... :( :(

No comments: