Sep 28, 2009

D-day (Departure day)

Here are some of the stuff I wrote yesterday.. along the way.. in the bus, on the plane and while waiting..

1:55am
In another 3.5hrs, I will be on my way to the airport.. my final night in Japan.. I had it good the last 2.5yrs.. I don't regret coming to Japan.. I will always remember the good times and cherish those memories, while letting go of the bad ones..

6:20am
The limo service bus just drove off from the hotel compound.. my tears just fell.. and when the bus drove past the bridge near the house, I couldn't hold back any longer.. Seriously I didn't expect to have people sending me off.. but Aishah, Christy and Chowlih came..
With the help of my nice landlord, I managed to lug 3 baggage into the limo bus..

7:10am
Still on the bus.. Very sleepy..yet I refused to close my eyes.. I wanted to see and remember as much as I can of the sights and scenes of Tokyo.. The deserted streets, narrow alleys, bright and loud bill-boards, and even the monotonous expressways.. There were so many things that I didn't do, like going to an On-sen, go skiing, go pub or clubbing, go home-stay with Japanese family, etc.. Although I do feel that I should have done them, I didn't regret the way I spend my 2.5years here.. I did had fun and I did it my way.. :)

8:30am
Darn! Can't check in all my baggage.. those 2 baggage were severely over the weight allowance.. they are 21kg and 25kg respectively.. the airline staff wanted to charge me ¥89,100 for excess baggage of 21kg!!! And to think that the plane ticket cost ONLY ¥25,000!!! :x And they even want me to lighten my carry-on luggage to under 10kg.. I had to take some of the stuff out to cut the extra 5kg.. :x :x never one who is comfortable at begging or asking for sympathy/favors, I decided to check in the one which is 21kg and use the post office courier service to send the 25kg one back home.. :x :x

9:30am
Managed to get that 25kg baggage sent via EMS.. and it cost me ¥23,500 to do it.. Can only pray and hope that the baggage will reach me in good condition in a weeks' time.. And I also stuff back the things that I took out of the carry-on luggage.. :p
All these won't had happened, if the Monbusho had given me a student ticket which would allow me to carry 30kg, instead of the usual 20kg.. the cost-cutting and belt-tightening measures by the Japanese government is really becoming a bane among the scholarship holders.. but again, I need to thank them for the 2.5years of "paid holidays" that they had provided me.. ;)

10:15am
Finally boarded the plane.. Was stopped for custom check earlier.. had to take out my portable HDDs and books from my carry-on luggage (again) and let them re-scan my luggage.. now that luggage is really in a mess as I didn't have the time to pack them back nice and could just stuff everything back when they are through scanning.. :x :x

11:05am
Finally airborned.. Slept right through the take-off.. So, I finally left Japan... and I don't feel anything.. except tiredness.. lugging those luggage around.. imagine, 21kg, 25kg, 15kg and my backpack which should be around 10kg was no joke... Maybe after a nap, I might start feeling something other than lethargy...

2:45pm
Slept most of the time.. only woke up when they serve meals and drinks.. didn't even use the in-flight entertainment system at all.. Still feel tired and worrisome.. worried about the baggage I sent via EMS.. yet, nothing much I can do now except pray and hope that it will come back in good condition.. all my formal wears (suits, shirts and pants), jackets and jeans are there.. well, I will see in a week's time..

Trying to feel.. I should feel sad, but yet I don't feel a thing.. maybe I am already numb..

5:50pm
Delayed.. I should be on the flight to Penang right now.. yet the flight is delayed and the plane isn't even here yet.. touched down at KLIA around an hour ago.. felt surreal...

6:55pm
Finally the plane left KLIA.. in less than an hour I should be touching down at the Penang International Airport.. It was sunset.. and seated at the window, I managed to capture this..It does convey a sense of melancholy, doesn't it??

10:10pm
Home sweet homw.. went straight to have dinner at one of the cafe in Taiping town after driving back from Penang.. Thus I reached home after I left the house in Tokyo more than 16 hours ago..

And how long would I be staying in this house in Taiping? Only heaven knows...

No comments: