Sep 21, 2009

Last Monday..

This is the last Monday that I will spend in Japan.. before flying back this Sunday... I know it is pretty boring to be recording all these mundane thing, but I think I will love to look back and see how I spent the "last" Monday a few years down the road.... ;)

Woke up around 9.30am.. and went straight to my laptop that I seldom shut-down.. Check emails and login to Facebook to do all the "daily chores" in some of the applications.. of course I tried to pack, somewhat.. :P and before I knew it, it was almost 12pm.. A quick bath later, I went out to get groceries.. at Marusho and Iida.. to get food for today and the makan session on Wednesday night.. bought some spices, fish, prawn, pork, minced meat, sausages, tou-fu, capsicum and some beer.. :P I had to keep stopping myself from buying too much stuff as I still need to finish up all the stuff that I have.. Ya, I just love grocery-shopping!! :p

After finishing up the leftover fried rice from yesterday and some yakitori, I started my "scanning project".. I am trying to digitalize all the brochures, maps, guides and whatever paper documents that I had accumulated from my visits to places all over Japan.. I didn't want to pay to ship all these stacks of papers back home..

Then around 3pm, Christy and Chowlih came.. they will be taking over my room and Aishah's room.. The landlord was around too.. after showing them around, we sat down and chit-chatted.. til almost 5:30pm.. after they left, I continued chatting with Watanabe-san.. Frankly, I am surprised at how talkative I had became.. at least with him... the amount of time that I had talked to him since I got back from Malaysia end of Aug (and minus the 2 weeks that I was in Western Japan) is definitely MORE than the last 6 months combined!!

For dinner, I cooked the ramen that I bought from the supermarket.. just need to cook the noodle for 5 min, then rinsed with cold water.. pour the soup paste into a bowl and add in some hot water, and then put in the cooked noodle.. of course, I add in sausages and tomato too.. :) simple and light enough..

Continued scanning til almost 9:30pm.. and after taking a bath, I sat down to write this blog.. had wanted to go Tsukiji Fish Market tomorrow morning, but too bad it is closed for the long public holidays.. so most probably I will be doing the same things for tomorrow too.. :p Didn't realise that I had "hoarded" so many brochures, maps and guides... :p :p :p

No comments: