Sep 24, 2009

Last Thursday..

Had wanted to go to Tsukiji Fish Market.. but decided that I had better run all my errands first..

Then around 10am, chatted with my Senpai, Joe over msn.. and we just decided to have lunch around 12:30pm at Azabu-juban, where his office is.. Talk about last minute.. :)

Before that I had to finish packing the 3 boxes that I had wanted to send home.. managed to stuff the boxes with most of the things that I do not need immediately.. going to send 1 via EMS, and the other 2 via normal sea mail.. Watanabe-san was kind enough to fetch me to the post office to send the boxes... paid ¥17,500 for them.. :x

Then I went to meet Joe for lunch.. But not before calling my brother to confirm with him the dinner tonight.. Wanna cook him and his wife dinner.. Just don't feel right that I cook for all my friends and not my own brother.. :)

We went to a small western restaurant called Yoshi.. The food was not too bad.. We chatted.. He is one of the many friends that I am glad to have met and made.. We "clicked"... During our lab seminars, I was often his "spokesperson-cum-clarifier".. Whenever he has difficulties explaining or clarifying his opinions/thoughts, I would jumped in and helped him.. Frankly, his Chinese is far more superior than his English and he has problems expressing himself fully in English.. Sometimes when he gets excited or too eager, he tends to stammer or tongue-tied.. I always gets what he wanted to express and then expressed them for him in English.. :) Capricorn and Virgo are good working partners.. :) :)

Other than talking about the times in our seminars, we talked about other things too.. About life, our plans for the future, etc.. We shared some of our thoughts and feelings too.. It was good to have someone who understands and doesn't judge to talk to.. And thus there are three.. :) :) 老大,真的很高興認識你!謝謝你的了解及接受。。

After coming back, I went to the post office again to run some errands.. then I started my preparation for the dinner tonight.. going to cook prawn fritters (again, cos I bought extra prawns), lotus root soup with spare-ribs and stir-fry mixed vegetables with oyster sauce..

They came around 6:50pm.. had a simple and good dinner... talked about their recent trip to China.. The landlord joined us too.. Since they had to work the next day, they left around 8:30pm.. Then had a good chatting "session" with the two new housemates..

So another good day today.. :) :) :) :)

No comments: