Aug 23, 2007

Age is not a secret II

Normally people would just remember my birthday as a few days before Christmas (it's 2 days before, to be exact). So most of the time, I would receive either 2 small presents (one for Christmas and one for birthday) or 1 big present. That is also why I seemed to have lots of presents from my friends.. :) And maybe it wasn't for me for being a good friend but just so happen my birthday falls within the period whereby everyone feels charitable or generous!! Mmm...

However, in Japan I do not mind telling people my birth-date... cos I have the same birth-date as Emperor Akihito.. so it's a public holiday for all Japan on my birthday!! :D How's that for making a deep impression!

This year's birthday I plan to visit the Emperor.. :) Since he has his 'open house' only twice a year, I think I will go visit and shout 'Banzai' together with all the well-wishers.. It will be as if they are wishing me 'Happy Birthday!' too.. :p

A few other famous persons that I share my birthday with are:
Tsar Alexander I of Russia
齐白石,中国画家
Helmut Schmidt, Chancellor of Germany from 1974 to 1982
Queen Silvia of Sweden
Wesley Clark, U.S. general and NATO Supreme Allied Commander


and persons who died on that day:
2004 - P. V. Narasimha Rao, Prime Minister of India
1948 - Hideki Tojo, Prime Minister of Japan (hanged) (b. 1884)



I am a Capricorn.. Again from Wikipedia,
"Capricorn is the tenth sign of the Zodiac and associated with hard work and business affairs. Individuals born under this sign are thought to have an ambitious, modest, patient, responsible, stable, trustworthy, powerful, intellectual, perspicacious and persistent character. The Capricorn person is prudent, realistic, formal, methodical, disciplined, traditional, cautious, conventional, hard-working, persevering, self-reliant, businesslike, career-oriented, authoritative, conscientious, and competent. They can also sometimes be rigid, suspicious, status-seeking, demanding, insensitive, inhibited and saturnine, and be prone to coldness, conservatism, materialism, and dullness."

Lots of famous Capricorn people, just to name a few..
* Benjamin Franklin
* Martin Luther King, Jr.
* Sir Issac Newton
* Isaac Asimov
* J.R.R. Tolkien
* Mao Tse-tung
* Joseph Stalin
* Stephen Hawking
* Howard Hughes
* Alex Ferguson
* Michael Schumacher
* Muhammed Ali
* Jim Carrey
* Elvis Presley

No comments: