Aug 20, 2007

Frustrated!! No Game to play!!

Aaarrgghhhh...

Been looking for other MMORPGs to play, rather than WoW.. but have not been very successful.. Why? Cos I'm choosy and so are the game companies...

I wanted a game where I wouldn't get PKed and I have to agree to any dueling.. sound quite simple, right? WRONG!! Of course I do not mind paying a monthly subscription fee of about USD15, just like WoW... but nope, not much luck.. All of the other games have either free for all to PvP or 'are encouraged' to PK (Player Kill, ie kill any player for the `fun` of it).. Played Lineage II in a private server before it was threatened by the official game maker and closed down.. Played WoW for a couple of months before coming over to Japan.. Played MapleStory, but didn't really like it, cos kinda too kiddish for me..

Out of the MMORPG games available out there, let me tell you about the 2 games that I had really wanted to play but can't due to some reason or another...


2nd Life

As a big fan of The Sims and a closet control-freak, 2nd Life is like my first choice of online games.. Unfortunately, 2nd Life can't run on Windows Vista! :@ It's like I am penalised for getting a new/latest laptop/PC that automatically comes with Vista!! Seriously, I think MS should work closely with Linden Grp to get 2nd Life running on Vista...


Cabal

One of the coolest games I've seen.. The combat moves and the combo of skills and weapons are awesome! Unfortunately, seems like all users from Korea, US, Japan, Thailand, Msia, Spore and India are banned from playing the game!! Only users in TW, HK and the EU get to play this free MMORPG game.. due to some licensing constrain stipulated by the game maker..

Now, I'm half-way downloading Granado Espada and hopefully it will be fun/interesting enough.. else I will have to start playing WoW again but only on a PvE server.. :( As I am sick and tired of getting killed by the opposite fractions whenever I get to a contested area to do quests... What fun is there for a high level character to kill a low leveled one?? Maybe I'm not as frustrated/twisted/whatever as those fellas are in seeing the joy in that...

Ok, finished downloading GE.. hopefully it is as good as the website says it is..

No comments: