Aug 9, 2007

Happy Birthday Singapore!!

Yes, I woke up this morning and the first thing I remembered was that today is Singapore's birthday... :)

All of the years staying in Singapore, I think I made good use of the holiday to go back to Malaysia to visit my parents.. except the first 3 years as an undergrad in NUS.. It's one of the few public holidays during this time of the year that I can use.. since I always go back Malaysia for Chinese New Year in Jan/Feb, Jul/Aug is just nice for another quick/short 'balik kampung' trip...

If you ask me, which countries' national celebration is more fun/exciting/inspires patriotism/etc, I can't say... Malaysia is where I was born and grew up.. but Singapore was where I wised-up (I hope, :p)... Malaysia has my family while Singapore is where I made good friends...

Happy 42nd birthday Singapore!

No comments: