Oct 3, 2008

I Love Autumn

After 1.5 years in Japan and had experienced all the four seasons, I must confess that I like autumn the most.. :) with winter coming in second and summer last..

Unlike Spring where everything is just beginning to come alive.. where flowers bloom, plants blossoming and all living creatures start to come out of their winter somber.. or Summer where everything is at its brightest and fullest.. where trees are at its greenest, cicadas buzzing loudly and everyone is off to the beach or hiding in shades.. or Winter where everything is at a standstill.. where bald trees and dead plants can be seen everywhere.. where daylight is short and night falls early..

Ya.. I like Autumn, because Autumn is the period that we will reap what we had sow months earlier, regardless.. because it is when leaves change colors and trees begin shedding them.. because it is when reddish/brownish leaves are swept up and swirled them around.. because it is when soft cool breeze caresses those walking in the outdoors ever so gently (maybe not here in Tokyo, where wind comes in gusts).. because it is when everything is starting to slow down in preparation for the long winter ahead.. a sense of melancholy was ever present signaling things are coming to an end , yet somehow intermixed with hope that things will be better after the long winter ends..

It is cooling, not very hot nor very cold.. just nice to take a walk in the park.. just nice to stroll along the streets.. just nice to enjoy a good workout/jog without sweating much.. this is the season where people start to pile layers of clothes on.. :p this is also the season to watch out for fashionable people.. coats, hats and scarfs start to appear.. ;) unfortunately, I haven't gotten a good stylish-looking jacket/coat yet.. :( and I hate shopping.. how?? :x

Anyway, I shall take good care of myself so as not to catch a cold or something.. :) If I'm not going to work in Japan (or I can't find a high-paying job) next year, then this will be my last autumn in Japan.. and thus I shall definitely relish this autumn to the fullest.. :) :)

No comments: