Jun 8, 2009

Counting down..

With so many happenings and activities happening in my life, you would wonder if I have the right mind-set to do any research, much less writing my final report.. well, even if I can't really put 100% of my energy in it, I still need to do all these so that I can graduate this semester..

Another 20 days or so to go, before I need to submit my final report and make a presentation to the panel of professors.. So far, I had read more than 20 over journals and papers related to my research topics.. still have a couple more to go before I can really start writing.. I need to have some substance, even though I will be B.S.-ing a lot.. :p And it also helped that the topic I am writing is very interesting and much more practical than some abstract unreal concepts that only bureaucrats seemed to be obsessed with..

Being a realistic and factual person, I just could not stomach any of those pretentious, windbag-kind of empty talks that would never be considered, much less implemented by those who could really make a difference, aka the governments and/or politicians.. We can discuss until the cows come back, or until all hell freeze over, or until the sun comes up from the west, or until the pigs learn to fly, no one would give a damn about all those rankings.. especially one whose evaluation criteria weren't transparent nor can't be explained convincingly.. but again, it could just be me and my prejudice...

Some of the important dates in the next 20+ days:
  • Jun 19 - Submission of the final draft of my report to Prof K(self-imposed date)
  • Jun 20 - Presentation to Prof K
  • Jun 26 - Submission of my final report to Prof K (self-imposed date)
  • Jul 1 - Presentation to the panel of professors
  • Jul 6 - Submission of my finalized report, if changes/amendments are required
So hopefully by Jul 7, I will be free!! :) :) :)

No comments: