Jun 5, 2009

HK/Macao: Food

Unlike Taiwan, I was not expecting much surprises when I visited Hong Kong and Macao.. The food on offer in these two places didn't really had much of an attraction to me.. since we do get roasted chicken/duck/pork in Malaysia and Singapore.. The only "new" thing that I tried was the Portugis-Macao food.. which was quite nice..

Here are some of the shots of food that I ate..
Take-away Wanton Mee (云吞面)

Claypot rice (砂锅饭)

Cha siew roast pork rice (叉烧烧肉饭)

Egg tart (葡式蛋挞)

Pork chop noodle (猪扒面)

Portugis-Macao dish which I can't remember the name.. :p

However, there were 2 foodie highlights of my trip..

First was my 1st Yam-Cha (饮茶) in a genuine HK dim sum restaurant.. Since I was alone, I can't really order that many dim sum to try.. so I tried the following 4 which are my favorite.. sort of.. ;) :)
Zhu cheong fun with prawns (虾仁猪肠粉)

Yam cake and radish cake (芋头糕和萝卜糕)

Cha siew pau (叉烧包)

Xiu Mai (烧卖)

The 2nd highlight was a home-cooked dinner by Loreen.. It wasn't a 5-course dinner or something fanciful.. to me, it was the thought that counted.. and of course it was delicious.. :) :) Then at the spur of the moment, she cooked a dessert, longan, dates with white fungus soup (龙眼红枣白木耳)for me too.. I am so touched..



This concludes my 1-week holiday to Hong Kong and Macao.. :) :) Next up, "Tokyo adventures with the Reynolds".. :) :) :)

1 comment:

§nóflèk said...

chee cheong fannnnn!
can't wait to taste some soon ;)