Jun 10, 2009

Had enough...

of Malaysian politics, that is..

Day in, day out, there is no good nor motivating news coming out of the country.. The government is not doing what it was supposed to do.. Those in-power are trying their best to stay in power, while those who are not are trying to come into power.. It was never about serving the people, although some opposition politicians would beg to differ and I do believe some of them are really genuine in their passion to serve the people.. Yet, those would be in the minorities.. Empty promises, quick cash and instant favors were used over and over again to entice voters.. Then after every (by-)elections, the voters became an afterthought..

All the dirty tricks in the books are used, shamelessly and remorselessly.. Fingers are pointed in both directions at each other, by each other for everything and anything.. The economy is going down the drains.. The country seems to be going to the dogs, and yet the corruption, cronyism and racism persisted and even thrived.. The government is totally clueless in how to stimulate the economy.. It was in denial mode when it proclaimed more than 3 months ago that the country was safe from the global financial crisis while the whole world were suffering.. Now, it is in panic mode when the trade figures burst their bubble by announcing the inevitable.. Sadly, it does not have the brains nor the talent to effectively steer the country out of this financial storm..

Call me anything you like, I wouldn't want to be staying in a country that the government is clueless and hopeless, with its people divided.. The fact that everyone is in the SAME boat failed to sink in.. the "us" versus "them" mentality still persist.. and with the deteriorating security situation in the country, I don't want to be a sitting duck nor a martyr fighting for equality.. I am not the self-sacrificing kind who would serve the greater good.. I just wanna live my life, my way in my own terms, comfortably and at ease..

Again, all these are just me and my opinion...

1 comment:

Xiao Shu said...

Months ago, I've decided to stop reading news from M'sia. If there is nothing we could do, why bother reading it.