Jun 17, 2009

Stand accused...

One thing that would STILL piss me off is to accuse me of something I didn't do... And after the first "incident", my patience with both of them is wearing thin.. and what happened yesterday just destroyed whatever that was left..

Seriously, who is he to come to the house (most probably unannounced), make use of the scanner, printer and fax machine like he is entitled to because he was supposedly his "friend", helped himself shamelessly to the food lying on the table, talked so bloody loud while expecting EVERYONE to "entertain" him, to accuse me of intimidating him just because of something I said (which I can't even remember what exactly it was!!)????

Who made him his spokesperson?? Who made him the friendly "ambassador" of Malaysia? Who made him the etiquette police?? Who made him the "upholder" of harmony of the house?? And the most important thing is, WHO THE BLOODY HELL HE THINKS HE IS TO COME AND ACCUSED ME OF SOMETHING I DIDN'T DO??!!??

If he or he thinks that I was intimidating when I was being friendly, then both of them haven't seen the kind of "intimidation" that I am capable of yet!! If after having so many meals, parties and conversations together for the last 4 months, he still feels SHY, even in his OWN house among his tenants, then seriously, I have nothing more to say.. If that was really what he feels - being "intimidated" by me, then well, too bad.. I won't change just because some barnacle of a man thought I should..

There were many good reasons for him going back to his room when I went into the kitchen and chatted with them.. Maybe he was in the middle of something when he dropped by unannounced?? Maybe he was tired of entertaining him?? Maybe he rather spend his time productively then to stand around "waiting" for him to finish and leave?

The saddest part is that this could be all in his own self-righteous mind and now I am "poisoned" to think badly about him.. It is unfortunate, but I am only human.. One huge reasons why I chose my friends carefully and don't make them ever so easily.. because most of the time, you can judge a person by the company he keeps and birds of a feather flock together.. If he continues doing what he is doing and he continues to "hide" behind the stereotype of a shy and timid Japanese, then I would ask them to do put down clearly their expectations of future tenants.. I wasn't told that I need to be a "nanny" or that I need to tip-toe around some fragile ego or acute shyness..

Anyway, my conscious is clear.. So my response to this incident is that he ceased being a "friend" to me from today onwards, and I shall not acknowledge his presence/existence if I ever see him again.. He has been demoted from a "common friend" to a "huh-who?".. As for him, I will continue to do what I was doing all along: being nice (at least try to), but only when I feel like it.. If he still feels shy or intimidate, then well, I have only one thing to say, just grit and bear with me for another 2+ months or so, after that he can go and find a "nice" and "friendly" tenant to replace me. This I think should be a piece of cake for him since Japanese are "well-known" to be able to endure "suffering in silence" for years..

Ah.. another huge reason for NOT wanting to work in Japan...

No comments: