Aug 23, 2009

Not the same anymore..

Aiy.. came back to an empty house.. or so I thought... :x

While I was walking back from the station with my luggage and all, I did what I usually do.. Looking up at the windows to see if my housemates are in.. It was just a habit that I had for the past 6 months.. So imagine my surprise when I saw a light at Aishah's old room! (she has taken over Sarah's room before she went back to Malaysia for holiday..) Mmm.. maybe the landlord left it on unintentionally, I thought.. I didn't really care.. as I was still overwhelmed by sadness, almost right from the moment the plane touch down at Narita Airport..

Then when I was unlocking my room, I heard some voices from the room.. Again, I didn't bother to find out as I was still immersed in my own little world of emotions.. I am not that kay-poh... :p After I bathed and was going downstairs to wash my mug, I bumped into my new housemate... she was on her way to take her shower...

"Hi" "Hi"
"I am Stephanie" "I am Imm, i double m.."
"When did you move in?"
"Oh, yesterday.."
"How long will you be staying?"
"Oh, depends on whether my boyfriend gets a job or not.."
"....."

Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm.. and the absence of a warm welcome.. to say that I am annoyed is a grave understatement...

Although I do know that the landlord has all the rights in the world to rent out HIS empty room, but to do so without even informing us (aka Aishah and me, his existing tenants) is not right, in my opinion.. Maybe I am being judgmental.. Maybe I am "mourning".. Maybe I am overacting... And she didn't give a good impression at all... Her last answer was so.. how to put it in words.. pathetic?!? sad?!? laughable?!? To think that most Asians I met here are here either on their own abilities (working and earning money) or on scholarship.. and this young lady is basing her staying or leaving Japan on her boyfriend getting a job!!! unbelievable!! But hey, what do I care, right? I am leaving in about a month's time too.. He can rent the place to any Tom, Dick or Harry that he fancies..

Thus for the next 30+ days, I think I will retreat into being the "anti-social Imm" that I once was and STAY IN my room all the time.. or maybe GO OUT all the time... Let him interact more with this Ang Mo lady for his fix of English sounds... Let's see how friendly she is.. Let's see if she talks to him "more" than we did... Let's see if she "takes care of his feelings" as much as we did.. Let's just wait and see... At the same time, he shall have a taste of the REALLY NOT friendly side of me..

ARGHHHHH.... Why did I come back??!!??

No comments: