Oct 27, 2012

Dramas

I’ve written a couple of times about my TV (drama) addiction. So it is no surprise that I love to watch dramas with non-conventional plots, like the one about a serial killer (Dexter) or the lives of a group of interns-turn-attending doctors (Grey’s Anatomy). Then there is also that series about a group of teenage girls caught in a web of deception and murder (Pretty Little Liars), and also another show about a writer working with the police catching bad guys (Castle). And finally, a series about fairy tales characters stuck in modern times (Once Upon A Time). And so far, these shows in their current seasons have managed to keep me captivated. :)  Due to my time constraints, I have decided to stop following Fringe, Glee, Nikita and Covert Affairs, as they have all fallen into the predictable/boring plot quandary.

Recently, I had started following a new series called Elementary. There are two reasons for this. One, I am curious to see how they are going to re-interpret the Sherlock Holmes ‘formula’ with Watson being a woman. And the other reason is that this female Watson is played by one of my favorite actresses, Lucy Liu! I missed her on the small screen as the last (TV) show I’ve seen her in was Ally McBeal! And that was more than 10 years ago!! Thus I am gonna give this show a chance by watching its entire season. If it is good, I will follow it into the second season, provided it gets renewed.

Anyway, I have the same old complaint: So many dramas, so little time. :p  ;)

No comments: