Oct 22, 2012

Wash-up

Many don’t like to cook because they either don’t like the preparation part of the cooking or they don’t like to wash up after all is done. Call me weird, but I don’t mind either. In fact, I like to do the dishes, even after the entire meal. Somehow, washing dirty dishes has a kinda therapeutic effect on me. I like the sense of ‘accomplishment’ of washing something dirty and make it clean again. And I love the sparkling clean feel of those bowls and plates when I’m done with them.

Also, I have no issue with preparation work that is required before cooking. I like to make sure the ingredients that I’ll be cooking are up to my liking/ measurement/ ‘standards’. But I am not so bullheaded as to insist of having the ingredients to be exactly my way. I can/do go with the flow and make do with whatever I have in hand, which is, in fact, most of the time.

The one thing that I don’t like to do is wiping the table. Maybe it is just a quirk, but I do not like to clean up what people leave/ spit on the table. I am not a messy eater, so I usually keep my eating space as clean as possible, because I won’t do onto others what I don’t want others to do onto me.

No comments: