Oct 28, 2012

Weekends

I like to stay at home during weekends. Unless I have lunch or dinner appointments with friends, I don’t usually go out as I hate crowded places. And now, with a small study room in the library made available to me till end of the semester, I am there most of my weekends.

Normally, I will sleep late until around 10am, wash-up and then go to the library. I will either eat before going to the library or sneak something, like a sandwich that I’ll buy on my way, in. The library closes at 4:50pm, so I usually leave before 4:30pm to avoid the ‘traffic jam’ at the elevators. I will use the time there to do my homework or prepare for my presentations, if there is any due. Else, I will do my translation as the place is quiet and very conducive to think.
won't mind a nice dinner on the beach.. minus the crowd, of course

Weekends are also the time for me to do my weekly laundry and some simple house cleaning. My room is big enough for me but small enough to warrant just a minimal cleaning. :) Other than that, I will also use my weekends to catch up on my non-academic-related readings and my US TV dramas. :D

With so many things to do, why should I go out and get squashed by the crowds??

No comments: