Oct 20, 2012

Productive

I like staying in my room. Unfortunately, I’m not very productive when I am all alone in my room. I tend to watch the TV that I have on (supposedly) as background noise or just waste time bumming around. The TV is very distracting, especially with the availability of cable channels like HBO, TLC, StarWorld and CNN. Luckily, my application for the use of a research room in the library this semester was approved. Unlike previously when I was given the use of such a room for only about 6 weeks, this time round I will have the room for the entire semester, all 18 weeks of it! :)

When I don’t have classes, I will go to this little room to read up on my papers, do my homework and do my translation. It is quiet (duh, I know, it is the library after all) and very conducive to work. As the library stays open till almost 10pm (during weekdays) and 5pm (during weekends), I spend an average of 4 hours a day there. There is toilet and water cooler on each floor and each room has controllable air-conditions, so it is very convenient. And the other unexpected benefit is that I can save on my electricity bills too.

No comments: