Oct 24, 2012

Routine

I like routines. Those who know me know that I am a habitual person. I tend to settle into a routine of sort after a while. Two weeks is all I need to turn something into a habit. I tend to eat from the same stall/restaurant, walk the same route, watch the same TV channels, buy the same brands, and do things the same way.

i will go off e beaten path to smell the roses..
Maybe it’s because I had bread for my lunch break, prepared by my mum, for almost 9 years (for my primary and lower secondary school days), thus eating the same food over and over again doesn’t seem to bother me at all! Maybe it’s because I find comfort in familiarity and sameness as I generally find interacting with new people and handling new (mundane) chores zap my energy. Maybe it’s because I refuse to think too much about these routine stuff as I believe making too many decisions about mundane details is a waste of my mental energy which I rather spend it on reading and researching.

Nonetheless, I am aware of this habitual inertia and when I do catch myself getting too monotonous and predictable, I will make myself try new things or do the same things differently.

Therefore, I am consciously pushing myself out of my comfort zone, one little step at a time. :)

No comments: