Oct 17, 2012

Resolution

As of today, I am gonna write at least 200 words everyday as practice.Since I will be working with words extensively in the days, months and years to come, I need to inculcate the habit of writing every day. So I figure I’ll start with 200 and slowly move it up. Comparatively, I’ve no problem with reading daily as I’m already reading (academic papers, novels, non-fiction or whatever) every day. Reading is part of my daily routine and I think it is about time for me to include writing into it.

So what am I gonna write about? Actually, anything and everything, though I will have a one-word title to guide me. It will test my ability to relate and link ideas together. And how are they chosen? That I’ve yet to figure out. Maybe I’ll use a random word generator like this one. Maybe I’ll come up with a word that describes my day most aptly when I start to write. Maybe I’ll choose the word the day before and sit on it for a day before elaborating it.

Regardless of how these words are going to be decided, I know I will settle down on a routine of sort after a while as I am a habitual person.

No comments: