Oct 21, 2012

Movies

I like watching movies, but only certain genre. And I only watch some in the cinemas over on the big screen, while some I reserved watching on TV or my laptop.

Those that I watch on the big screens are usually those with awesome special effects, as smaller screens will not do justice to the “jaw-dropping” reaction that these blockbusters are trying to induce. Other than that, the other occasion when I will actually go to the cinema is when I have company. Went to watch quite a few movies with my sister when I was at home in MY. Her taste in movie is quite different from mine. She like to watch movies just for entertainment (aka no thinking involved), while I prefer those that makes me think, during or after the credits have rolled. Anyway, I did watched a few comedies and a couple of animations with her.

Then there are the types of movies that I’ll save for small screens. I prefer to watch those that have lots of conversations or lots of plot twists on my laptop. I want to listen to the conversations and have the option to rewind to the parts that I didn’t get it the first time. Another thing is that I tend to be touched fairly easily, thus I prefer the privacy of my room to shed a tear or two when emotions are raw.

So in a way, I am not much of a movie buff.

No comments: