Jan 2, 2008

Long and short...

Haven't had a hair cut since February last year.. :p My hair is slightly over my shoulder right now.. and it hasn't been this long since my 3rd year in the NUS.. I've always had short hair because (1) it is easier to take care and much cooler in the tropical heat; and (2) my scalp is not healthy enough to support long hair - I tend to have more than average hair drop when I have longer hair. Add to the fact that getting a hair cut in Japan is not cheap and I might not be able to understand fully what the stylist wanna do to my hair with my still-lousy Japanese..

More importantly, I am very particular about who touches my hair..

Just a small trivia: my mum has been cutting my hair since I was a kid, up till the year I went to Singapore to study.. In the 12+ years in Singapore, I had only 3 stylists.. I might have shifted houses more than 5 times during the same period, but I had only allowed 3 person to cut my hair.. So it is not so much of the expensiveness of hair cut in Japan (as I can definitely afford a 4,000yen hair cut every 2-3 months), but more of the trust I need to have towards the hair stylist..

Think one of the things I wanna get done when I drop by Singapore, other than visiting friends, would be to get a hair cut from my regular stylist.. :p :p

No comments: