Jan 11, 2008

TGIF no more

Well, when I was working I really looked forward to Fridays.. since Fridays are just a prelude to weekends.. the term "TGIF" was really expressed that joy, that sense of looking forward to 2 days of MY OWN TIME!! Yet in this semester, Fridays are my nightmare..

I have 5 classes spreading from 9am to 9:10pm!! :x :(

9am - 10:30am: Japanese grammar
This is one of my weakest area.. there is a test every week.. usually we are required to complete the sentences given. My normal scores are always 50-65% only.. and next week, there will be an examination that will make up 60% of the final score.. so I am trying to study for it.. trying is the word..

10:40am - 12:10pm: Ubiquitous Health and Welfare IS
These classes were very informative and Professor Kano was very passionated about this topic. I learned a lot about Health Information System. However, in today's class, we were told I need to write 2 individual term papers and 1 team paper and the dateline is 31 Jan.. :x :x

12:10pm - 4:20pm: Lunch and break
I would usually go to one of the research lab and do some of my stuff, like finishing up on my reports, surfing the web for information for my research, or just simply watching documentaries/shows/movies/etc. I will get a bento from the Uni Co-op, some juice-drink and some other tit-bits, and eat them in the room. Usually there will be another Senpai in the room, working on her thesis. But today she wasn't around. And I was so 'fortunate' to be in the room when my Prof went around looking for 'office boy/girl'.. I was asked to go to the student lounge at the next building and print out a 400-page document!! :x There were 4 (or maybe more) printers in my research lab but seemed like none of them is in working condition!! That did say a lot about the conditions of my research lab... :x :x :x
Then at 4pm, I had to meet the 'assistant' for my Prof, also my Senpai to discuss about one of the previous survey that I've created for her.. She wanted me to draft out an email to send to some students to ask them to help get more students to fill in the survey.. :x :x Seemed like I am not only the web survey developer/maintainer, I am not also their (formal) letter drafter!! But well, what can I say?? Just (have to) do it!!

4:10pm - 5:50pm: ICT Practice
This is also another interesting class. It is about how to collect and analyze data for research purposes. We are to conduct a simple survey, gather data, and then analyze those data to prove or disapprove our hypothesis.. Luckily for this, the dateline for the final analysis report is due mid Feb.. Although that means I will have to work on this during CNY, but I rather have that than to do a rush job.

6pm - 7:30pm: Lab Discussion
Frankly, this is the time where we are to do the tasks that my Prof has delegated down to us. Sometimes we need to write reports, to do preparations for some seminars or to have discussions..

7:40pm - 9:10pm: Intro to CIO/Seminar
This was supposed to be a class conducted by my Prof, however, it has turned into my research lab's seminar where everyone takes turn to present their research for the semester.. :x :x

Anyway, by the time I finished the last class, I was both mentally and physically tired. I went to a very late dinner with some of the lab mates. By the time I reached home, it would have been 11:30pm..

No comments: