Jun 8, 2008

WWF-Not-Friendly

Went to my senpai's wedding a couple of days ago. She married a Member of the House of Representative. Due to the fact that he went on 2 whaling research expeditions to the South Pole and his active involvement in promoting whale meat industry, the door gifts for the wedding was a box of whale meat related products!! :x :x :x

In the picture: 2 whale-meat sausages, 1 prepacked whale-meat curry and 2 cans of whale meat cooked in different sauces.. :x :x

When I first saw these products I thought to myself, "Oh no!! I am an accomplice in killing these whales!!" :o :o and "How could they kill these whales for meat??" :@ :@ Then the pragmatic side of me emerged. I couldn't possibly throw away these products, as it would be a unforgivable sin of wasting edible food!! The whales were already slaughtered and canned (to put it mildly), so even if I throw away these products, the whales would not come back to life.. The least I could do is to taste these products and spread the word that there is nothing fantastic about the whale meat, so that I would be more convincing in dissuading everyone around me from buying whale products.

R.I.P. :( :( :(
I will write about the wedding in another blog entry..

No comments: